Customers require a water system when they have wet friction problems on their roads.
The water system allows them to test in a precise way how the tire responds to the surface with the addition of a controlled flow rate of water. To have a controlled flow rate of water is important because a small increase in flow rate can dramatically change the friction results on some surfaces.
A water system can be added to any RT3® unit. It is tailored to the testing parameters set by the customer. We ask:
- Will the host vehicle carry the main water tank?
- What is the payload capacity of host vehicle?
- How far do you want to test before refilling the tank?
- At what film thickness do you want to measure surface friction?
- Typically we test at 0.5mm to 1.00mm film thickness.
- For larger water requirements, would you consider a trailer solution where the RT3® attaches to the trailer and the trailer carries the main water tank?
- What type of tires do you want to use to complete the test?